Bromley Environment Network (BEN)
To support Bromley community groups working together to protect and improve our environment.
Our Mission Statement
Bringing together community groups in the Bromley Borough to inspire and support residents, the Council and other community stakeholders in working together to make our borough a greener, healthier and more sustainable place to live, both now and in the future.
- Member-led: we exist to bring together interested groups and our activity is guided by our members.
- Collaborative: we will achieve more if we work together, and our aim is to build connections and relationships, and share information, because we believe that by working together we can achieve more.
- Enterprising: we are resourceful and ambitious in everything we do, supporting our members and partners to build meaningful change.
Our Areas of Focus
- Clean air initiatives
- Trees and biodiversity
- Transport and road usage
- Consumption and waste
Our founding members, listed below, cover a wide range of interests, we hope more community groups will join us.
- Bromley Cyclists
- Bromley Civic Society
- Bromley Friends of the Earth
- Bromley YouthStrike4Climate (BYS4C)
- Bromley Living Streets
- Chislehurst Society
- Copers Cope Area Residents Association (CCARA)
- Friends of Chislehurst Recreation Ground
- Greener & Cleaner Bromley & Beyond (GCBB)
- Palace Estate Residents Association
- Ravensbourne Valley Residents Association
Membership of BEN is open to all types of community organisations, including but not limited to residents associations, schools, PTAs, faith groups, sports groups, book groups, local business associations and other community stakeholders in the Borough, interested in collaborating to reduce the Borough’s environmental impact and create a greener, healthier and more sustainable place to live. Any such group is welcome to contact [email address] to request to join BEN, stating their contact details, geographical coverage of their group (if any), and areas of particular interest.